This article will help you on what to seek when choosing interior and exterior doors. They may compliment your style of your house, help you save some money and much more. The Home Zone lists some factors to consider that affect the price of the interior and exterior door and much more.
- The price of these doors tends to vary by the material from which they are built and the design as well. The more intricately the door is designed, the more it is likely to be cost. Wood exterior doors are also expensive than the fiberglass or steel doors. Before you determine what kind of door you will install, consider your budget and the options it allows you.
- The interior and exterior doors you want to choose for your abode must also complement the overall style and vibe of your house. If your home is themed according to a pre-war traditional style then, consider wood interior doors, and complex panel designs like Italianate arches, narrow Victorian panels and Colonial style split pediment for your modern homes. Your exterior homes should also complement the overall style of the house’s exterior.
- Doors are built from many materials like wood, steel, hollow core wood, PVC, fiberglass, glass or aluminum. These materials are only meant for specific types of usage, like a hollow core wood is used for interior doors as it can warp or disintegrate when exposed to the weather while steel doors are usually used for exterior doors.
- There are many types of interior and exterior doors available in terms of style, materials, cost, and sometimes personal preferences too. You may want to invest in folding or bi fold doors. Sliding doors are also an option when used as an exterior door but may not align with the taste or style of your home. Consider the types of doors you want like standard doors of various materials, bi-folding doors, folding doors, swinging doors, sliding doors, French doors or storm door.
- Your lifestyle is also a factor that can affect the type of interior and exterior doors you choose. If you have a noisy family, you can use some solid core doors rather than hollow core as the latter will transmit the sound and solid core will eliminate it. If you or one of your family members use a wheelchair, then you need to invest in wider doors to accommodate easy movement of the chair via these doors.